San Francisco Historic Landmark #199 was built from 1906-1907 and again from 1912-1913 for the Jackson Brewing Company. Prohibition closed the brewery in 1920. The classic romanesque revival brick building was converted to homes in 1993. The Jackson Brewery lofts building is home to 7 residences at 1489 Folsom St. in the SOMA neighborhood.
Home sizes at the Jackson Brewery lofts range from about 650 square feet to around 3,000 square feet. Loft-style homes are available in open-mezzanine, one, and two-bedroom layouts.
Builder: Kaufman & Edwards (1912) | Architect: Siegel and Strain